Thursday, October 23, 2008

and the 5th edition winner is.....

Congratulations LifeTimeMom! Your cool award is below, feel free to add it to your mantle.
Very tough! DanBrantley and Ettarose came in second and third and caused me to have a case of carpal tunnel by shaking the 8-ball to make that call (I ended up getting professional help - on the selection... not my wrists). Maybe it wasn't the 8-ball come to think of it...

It was getting a bit chilly out while painting that sign on the beach, but I'm here for you guys. Besides, I was on a beach and had a six-pack of Shiner Bock. You can't go wrong there.

Thanks everyone, you all crack me up.

LifeTimeMom's caption:

Okay Dad!! I promise to wear my seatbelt ALL THE TIME!!!





Your Award:

The ultra cool - Cool Blog Award!

I realize this size, while perfect for framing, it may be too large for those with size challenges, so I included some wallet-sized versions below.

150x178 version

Enjoy!


Tomorrow's post - "can we just punt?"

6 comments:

Unknown said...

It's too freakin hard to think under this much pressure! Damn it I wanted that. Well, nothing to do but keep trying "sigh"

dadthedude said...

@ettarose - sorry. You were SO close!

Catch me next week - who knows, next weeks image might be the one!

My own caption for this one was "Bobby deploys phase 3 of his plan to get a Wii for Christmas"... but the magic 8-ball said "concentrate and try again".

ReformingGeek said...

Congrats to the winner!

Hey dude, that Shiner link makes me think you're needing beer again. Did you not get the 6-pack? I put it on your front porch. Maybe one of the other bloggers took it.

There must have been a subliminal message in there somewhere.....feeling thirsty...very, very thirsty ;-)

PlancksPost said...

Congrats to LifeTimeMom...! I agree with ettarose though...these are getting harder. Guess I shouldn't even try unless I can blow a 0.9!

Ed & Jeanne said...

I can't believe I missed a caption contest. I love losing at those. Those captions were funny too. Good luck with the Shiners...will they heal up fast?

Anonymous said...

Wow, I won! This is the first time I entered a contest too. LOL Thanks so much! :)